The surgeons of Colorectal Surgical & Gastroenterology Associates (CSGA) have completed additional specialty training in the field of colon and rectal surgery after completing a general surgery residency program. They are have all been certified by the American Board of Colorectal Surgery. In addition to surgical procedures, they also offer both diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy. They are members of the Fayette County Medical Society, the Kentucky Medical Association and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and the American SGE.
What are our doctors’ areas of expertise?
- Anal Abscess
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Condyloma (Warts)
- Anal Fissure
- Anal Fistula
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Polyps
- Crohn’s Disease
- Diarrhea & Constipation
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Pruritus Ani
What special procedures do our doctors perform?
- Sphincter-Saving Operations
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Repair Rectal Prolapse
- Ripstein Procedure
- Hartmann Procedure (Low Anterior Resections/Abdomino-Perineal Resection)
- InterStim Therapy for Bowel Control
What is required to become a board certified colon and rectal surgeon?
- 5 years of residency in general surgery.
- 1 year residency in a colon and rectal surgery training program.
- Pass the American Board of Surgery examination.
- Pass the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery examination.